At our February Monday Business Contacts meeting which was close to Valentine's Day our discussion topic, was "What do you love about being in business?". Our brief discussions each month are an opportunity to share business thoughts, ideas and motivate others. Being a business owner can be lonely and connecting with others socially once a month can be a really helpful way of sharing good and bad times and being reminded why being in business for yourself was such a good idea.
Some of the things our attendees said they loved about being in business were:
- Receiving a thank you for what they have done
- Knowing they have made a difference to their customer
- Flexibility of working hours
- Choosing who to work with
- Making whatever decision you want to
- Being able to build a great team
- Achieving something for yourself rather than someone else
Not one person said they were in it for the money!
What do you love most about being in business?